Knight and Twining Building - 1908
The K& T Building was built in 1908 by W.R. Twining, a Philidelphia construction superintendent newly arrived in Kalispell, collaborated with brother-in-law E.C. Knight on this brick business block in 1908. They owned the structure from 1908 until 1923. The structure was occupied by a General Merchandise Business on the first floor and had Mrs. Annie Hunter managing the second floor rooming house. The sixteen furnished rooms boasted "steam heat, electric lishts, baths, and all the comforts of civilization". In 1916 the building was operated and later purchased by T.J. Hileman who operated the Glacier Park Photo shop. Hileman remodeled the storefront in 1936, installing a polished Vermont granite trim. This granite was later moved to the countertops after a vehicle ran into the storefront. From 1938 to 1975 the building was owned by Alton Pearce who operated a The Alton Pearce Drug Store and Fountain Shop. The space was then leased by Coast to Coast as a Gift Shop. After that, it became Arts and Company and the Bistro. In 1991 it became Coins and Carats - a Coin and Jewelry Store owned by J.B. and Kim Love.
Original accoutrements include the pressed metal ceiling, wainscoting, transomed doors.